DSR Dave and Chad Groves, VP of Field Sales Foodservice for High Liner Foods, share their conversation about selling Seafood.
Topics discussed on this audio:
- The High liner company, a ONE STOP SHOP for Seafood
- What does fresh really mean, how fresh is it?
- Selling Frozen Seafood vs. Fresh Chilean Farm Raised Salmon as an example
- The 3 tiers of frozen (FAS = frozen at sea within hours of catch, 1X – one time frozen, 2X – twice frozen; when it’s frozen makes a difference. There’s a product for the purpose!
- Atlantic COD a.k.a. A-COD and Pacific COD a.k.a. P-COD — is there a difference? There are 3 times more A-COD sold in the World.
- Chad’s favorite product to sell is Faroe Island Salmon (#21005335, DOT#450574). It’s raised in cold water which means more fat, and no antibiotics.
- DOT FOODS stocks over 250 of High Liner’s over 500 products.
- SAMPLES — High Liner believes that DSRs need to get the product in front of the customers to taste, so they make the SAMPLE process easy for DSRs and brokers.
- SUSTAINABILITY IS NOT AN OPTION; IT IS THE ANSWER… Groves believes that NGO’s (Non-governmental organizations) third party oversight organizations are a good thing. They audit all facets of High Liner’s business ensuring customers (and themselves) that they’re doing it the right way.
Be a Resource…and Sell Something!