Tips on managing A/R:
Scott: Things have changed in A/R, I really only give them the option of ACH. And I really have not had any problem getting them to agree to it. I look at it toward the end of the week checking on what has come in or not so I can start making calls about picking up checks. I still have some old school customers that pay by check. My bigger customers want to do what is good for me too, because of our relationship.
How are you managing Online Ordering?
Scott: My percentage of online ordering is in the high 60’s. This allows me to manage my day better. There are my old school accounts, less than 5%, that expect me to come into see them to do it.
You cannot set it and forget it. There are pitfalls to online ordering, you can begin to lose ground in these accounts if you are not paying attention.
I would advise anyone who is seeing their customer on the order day that both of their time could be better served if you spent the little time you have to see them on a different day so you can talk about how you can help grow their business versus spending that time putting their order in for them.
Tips for Greenhorns:
- Do not give your prospect any superficial reasons to say no.
- Do not smoke or chew tobacco, carry mouthwash.
- Be well groomed – do not have crazy eyebrows or a wily nose hair distracting them from what you are saying.
- I want as many positive things on my side that are simple that do NOT distract from what I am trying to say or do.
Tips for Veterans:
- My drive is to make each week better than the last week.
- Because of the post-COVID atmosphere, the opportunity is there right now.
Put in the hours, you won’t just be lucky, you will be successful.
Be a Resource and SELL SOMETHING!