There is a ton of good advice packed into this PART 3 show, and it is worth the time to listen to. Below is a brief overview of the topics that Simone and DSR Dave discuss on the Podcast.
- Menu analysis and menu costing are “added values” that DeVore provides because most DSRs don’t do it. Simone explains at what point she brings up that she can do a menu analysis and menu costing for a customer or prospect, and that is usually when they commit 90 to 100% of their other business to her.
- Brokers and Manufacturer Reps are a big part of Simone’s sales strategy. She says you must build a relationship with as many brokers and manufacturer reps as possible. They are all different, but you need them to be successful.
- Samples work and she uses them every time she can.
- Greenhorns, hang in there. Lots of ups and downs especially in these post-COVID times. Opening new accounts is harder when you first start out but gets easier each week as you learn.
- VETS, sampling, and cold calling keeps DeVore motivated. She is also motivated by making more money each year as referrals from her customers keep increasing and because her company backs her business up.
- Simone says that she is running her own company (with the help of her company) and uses every resource they provide to her.
- She reaches for more knowledge from the company experts versus waiting for the knowledge to come to her.
- Working with her colleagues is all about respect. The more respect you give to them all, the more respect and HELP you get back in return which helps you grow your business.
Be a Resource and SELL SOMETHING!!