The Best Sampling Method AFDR Has Seen in Years, “The Lotzgesell Sampling Method”
“I focus on the approximate price per ounce, per serving, or per piece, NOT THE CASE PRICE.” ~ David Lotzgesell
Topics discussed on this MUST LISTEN TO podcast:
>> Working with brokers and manufacturers’ reps, David Lotzgesell, DSR of the Month, explains in detail on this podcast exactly how his sampling system works and why it is so successful for all parties involved. <<
You can DOWNLOAD LOTZGESELL’S ONE-PAGE SPREADSHEET example to use as a guide.
- Sample products that your customers request.
- Rifle approach versus shotgun approach is more focused and better for all involved.
- Why one page with around 25 items works best.
- Only show items that are in stock, save special order items for another time.
- Rotate brokers each month to keep them all involved and to have a variety of items.
- Sell by the price per ounce, per serving, or per piece, NOT THE CASE PRICE.
- Developing relationships with every Manufacturer Rep and Broker is essential to growing your sales and retaining your customers.
- GREENHORN ADVICE: Why and how to make a great career out of being a DSR.
- Organization is critical for a Greenhorn or Vet to be successful.
- Independent restaurant owners are some of the largest employers in your community, so remember you are dealing with businesspeople who are the heartbeat of the city.
- VETERAN DSR ADVICE: Stay motivated about your business by finding new products and solutions for your customers and the new prospects you are working on.
Be a Resource and SELL SOMETHING!!