Listen to the Podcast to hear great insights from Tony Dickson about securing a credit application, making prospect calls on long-term health care, hospitals, and college foodservice accounts, plus tips on selling more to your existing customers!!
“I want it all.” ~Tony Dickson
In many cases, these types of customers do not have a DSR calling on them because they are on a program and are a “maintenance account” which means they are STARVED for ideas and new products. DSRs driving by would be welcomed if they had some product ideas to share.
- At what point do you ask a prospect to fill out the credit application?
- Do you always have them fill it out or do you sometimes fill it out and let them sign?
- When making a new call on a long-term care healthcare account, who do you call on first and why?
- Since you cannot go in and eat lunch at a nursing home to do your homework to see what they are purchasing, how do you do it?
- Since many health care accounts are part of a buying group, does it make sense to still make that call?
- What questions should you ask when you do get the appointment with a prospect?
- Can you expect at least a minimum order each week even if they are a part of a buying group versus selling to an independent property?
- If your company allows you to call on long-term care accounts (some distributors’ DSRs are not allowed to call on these types of accounts), is it worth stopping in?
- How often do you need to call on these types of accounts since you might be a backup to the program they are on?
- Penetrating existing accounts is something every DSR needs to be shooting for each week. Tony and DSR Dave give some helpful tips on how you might want to approach this.
- Tony “wants it all,” learn how he gets the next item they are buying from the competitor.
- Discussion about inventory/purchasing guides in the effort to sell more to your current customers. Do you use the guide made from sales history or make a custom guide?
- How often do you update and manage each purchasing guide, and how important is it to keep them current so they become the roadmap for your customers?
Be a Resource and SELL SOMETHING!!