“I never try to second guess this business. I just try to do what I can, be diligent in my efforts, apply what I learn with my company, and do my best. That’s all I try to do every day.” ~ Tyler Hughes
LISTEN to DSR of the Month Tyler Hughes and DSR Live host, DSR Dave discuss how Hughes handles the following topics:
Great content that you can use today.
- Using technology to ease Prospecting ahead of time…
- Cold calling – credit application hurdle
- Vendor broker support
- Brokers – Greenhorns and Brokers should pursue a relationship with each other ASAP. The benefit for the broker is if they teach DSRs about their products, they will have a brand ambassador in the future.
- With online ordering, ACH payments and more technological conveniences, how does Tyler spend that “time” now that he is not physically having to go in and take care of all those things on all accounts in person?
- More of a consultant and learning about new products, observing…
- What percentage of his accounts place their orders online?
- How many accounts are using ACH?
- Highly recommends specialized manufacturer schooling opportunities on products like CAB, etc.
- Greenhorns – You will have some good WINS in the beginning, but you will also have the times when you second guess yourself when you stumble. Just stay with it and keep believing in yourself through the learning curve.
- Veteran DSRs – Tyler motivates himself by thinking about what he can excel at or impress a customer with and then taking that challenge.
- Time management – CRM systems… Tyler likens it to when he ran his own restaurant hotel business and he would get so frustrated when his employees would not do what he asked the way he wanted, so he complies with his company’s request understanding this.
- Working with your team inside – Does it make a difference with your sales on how you treat them?
Be a Resource and SELL SOMETHING!!